Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Anne Hathaway for W Magazine October 2008



Anne Hathaway photographed by Mario Sorrenti
styled by Camilla Nickerson courtesy of W Magazine

Anne Hathaway is the cover girl for W Magazine's October 2008 issue. The actress was photograhed by Mario Sorrenti and styled by Camilla Nickerson. Full credits for the shoot are:

Photography by Mario Sorrenti, styling by Camilla Nickerson, Hair by Luigi Murenu/Streeters for Kerastase Paris, Makeup by Diane Kendal, Manicure by Yuna Park/Streeters. Set design by Philipp Haemmerle, Production by Steve Sutton, Digital Technician - Heather Sommerfield.

The actress is wearing minimal yet elegant evening wear in the vein of vintage Cristobal Balenciaga. She has accompanying hair styles a la Alexadre of Paris and make up reminiscent of Elizabeth Taylor (circa Cleopatra) and Maria Callas (circa Aristotle Onassis)

In the accompanying interview, written by Danielle Stein, the actress discussed briefly her recent public break up with accused swindler Raffaelo Follieri, her ex boyfriend. You can learn more about Mr. Follieri's recent troubles in the Vanity Fair article written by Michael Shnayerson, available through this link.


Anne Hathaway photographed by Mario Sorrenti
styled by Camilla Nickerson courtesy of W Magazine


The full W Magazine article "Queen Anne", written by Danielle Stein, can be read via this link. Snippets from the interview, courtesy of W Magazine, are as follows:

Discussing a pendant that she wears around her neck - “I figure if it was a winning ticket, it would not have been discarded,” she says, “so essentially I walk around with an unlucky lottery ticket around my neck.”

About her dealing with the negative press and showing up for the W interview - “Right now I don’t have the wherewithal to be anything except professional,” she admits wanly. “As soon as I found out about the arrest, I had to get on a plane to Mexico to do a press tour for Get Smart. And then I spent a week in shock at a friend’s house. And then I had to go back and do more press, and I haven’t stopped since."

About how she deals with her recent troubles - “At different stages of my life, I’ve felt I’ve been two ages simultaneously,” she continues in a slow, measured cadence. “I’d be a professional working adult and also a typical 13-year-old. Right now I have the distinct feeling that I’m two ages again, and the older part of me that I relied on many times in the past in difficult moments, that’s the part that got me here today. That’s the part that says, ‘You do your job, you keep your head up.’”



Anne Hathaway photographed by Mario Sorrenti
styled by Camilla Nickerson courtesy of W Magazine


On realizing her on immature behavior on past movie sets - “One day on Rachel Getting Married, Jonathan altered something in the script, and I said, ‘Jonathan! Why did you change this?! It was better the other way and here’s A, B, C, D, E, F, G why!’ And he smiled at me and said, ‘Hey, Annie? Maybe instead of telling me why I’m wrong, you could ask me why I made the choice I made.’” With that response, she says, memories of herself being dismissive or abrasive on sets past came rushing back. “I instantly felt so ashamed,” she says. “I didn’t mean to be disrespectful to people, but that’s exactly what I had done for years.”

About understanding the support system she has and having optimism - “I’ve realized,” she says, “that no one is as good at making me feel isolated as I am. It’s something I did in the past.” Fortunately, difficult times have their rewards. “I’ve realized I have a lot of people in my life who, for whatever reason, love me very much. So I don’t think I’ll do that again.”

It seems like Ms. Hathaway is hopeful for the future and moving towards some closure with her past.

No comments: