Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Thom Brady for Esquire September 2008




Tom Brady photographed by Matthias Vriens
courtesy of Esquire Magazine

Here is the cover shot and inside images of Tom Brady for Esquire September 2008 issue. Mr. Brady was photographed by Matthias Vriens for the editorial.

The full interview by Thom Chiarella can be read on the Esquire website via this link. Some snippets from the interview -

On his admiration for Peyton Manning: "There's one guy whose game I love. That's Peyton," he says. Of course! The sole equal. "Being in the system I've been in for eight years, with the same coach and the same offense, when we call a play, I've run it hundreds of times. Peyton and I share that. When you practice an entire NFL season, that's 123 practices. A hundred and twenty-three practices with sixty plays a practice, you know, that's six thou -- that's a lot of plays. And then you have all the game situations, and that's another eight, nine hundred plays a season, so I know where all those mistakes come in. I mean -- [Beat.] I have a memory, and I can just eliminate mistakes when they come up because I've already made them."

About his admiration for his father: "We all have experiences in our lives that change us, and we all learn from people, like my dad, but at the end of the day, it's only us. And we're only responsible to make ourselves happy. Too often in life, something happens and we blame other people for us not being happy or satisfied or fulfilled. So the point is, we all have choices, and we make the choice to accept people or situations or to not accept situations. If someone lies, well, you had a choice to trust that person or not. I think the way my father raised me, well, he trusted everybody. And that worked for him."

No comments: